Mechanical Engineering Expert Witnesses
What is a mechanical engineering expert witness?
Mechanical engineering expert witness candidates are typically licensed professional engineers with extensive experience and an advanced degree (e.g., a PhD) in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, civil engineering, metallurgical engineering, structural engineering, biomechanics, automotive engineering, and/or human factors.
What types of cases require a mechanical engineering expert witness?
An expert in mechanical engineering could provide expertise in intellectual property matters, including patent infringement or a trade secret dispute. It could be an Inter Partes Review (IPR) in the PTAB (where the only expert testimony is through a deposition), or a patent case or proceeding in the International Trade Commission (ITC). A mechanical engineer might provide expert opinion in a matter such as a product liability case, accident investigation, breach of contract, or provide testimony in a personal injury case.
Mechanical engineering expert witness case examples
Representative matters where Cahn Litigation Services has searched for experts include:
- forensic analysis at an aerospace manufacturing facility,
- industrial equipment patent dispute involving an Illinois-based manufacturer,
- compressors design defect at a New York facility,
- consumer product design intellectual property dispute,
- biomechanics product development engineering investigation,
- medical device product liability investigation for insurance companies,
- a Pennsylvania company’s industrial machinery design,
- Connecticut engineering firm contract dispute,
- forensic engineering of a gas turbine for patent infringement allegations,
- pressure vessel product failure analysis,
- forklift accident investigation in Ohio, and
- mechanical failure root cause of industrial HVAC systems located in Florida.
What litigation support work might a mechanical engineering expert witness be expected to perform?
Litigation support could include expert witness services such as research and authoring expert reports, failure analyses, design defect analyses, accident reconstruction, forensic engineering, and expert witness testimony in the courtroom. A law firm may request a biomechanical or mechanical engineer for pre-litigation consulting services.
Cahn Litigation Services has the experience required to turn a search for a mechanical engineering expert witness around quickly, providing the right balance of expertise and testimony experience. Mechanical engineering matters encompass a vast range of disciplines, and the firm has an earned reputation for providing candidates with the right balance of technical expertise and testimony for the job at hand.
Mechanical Engineering Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Mechanical Engineering experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Mechanical Engineering landscape.