Breach of Contract Expert Witnesses
What is a breach of contract expert witness?
Breach of contract expert witness candidates typically have many years’ experience in contract law and/or damages analysis. Experts in breach of contract often have extensive background in accounting (CPA), economic damages, forensic accounting (CFA), or contract administration. In high profile cases, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, a law firm may require an expert with prior expert witness testimony experience.
What types of cases require a breach of contract expert witness?
A breach of contract occurs when a party to a contract fails to fulfill an obligation described in the contract. A breach of contract can occur when the contract is incomplete or unclear; it is not necessarily an intentional breach. Common types of disputes that could require a breach of contracts expert witness in a litigation include:
- Business contracts: A contract with employees, vendors, and contractors is good business practice for the protection of all parties involved. Other business contract disputes could involve business transactions (mergers/acquisitions), shareholders, and lost profits.
- Commercial leases : Contract language can cause disputes between business owners renting space, and real estate owners.
- Sale of goods & warranties: The Uniform Commercial Code guides the sale of goods between a merchant and supplier. Product warranties imply that products are sold as advertised and are free of defects.
- Non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement: An NDA or CA is a contract between parties that specifies confidential information that the parties could share for a certain purpose.
Breach of contract expert witness case examples
Example contract cases that Cahn Litigation Services include:
- breach of fiduciary duty,
- business litigation,
- construction contracts,
- due diligence failure, and
- intellectual property (e.g., contracts involving licensing rights).
What litigation support work might a breach of contract expert witness be expected to perform?
Litigation support by a breach of contract expert witness could include contract review, expert report preparation, authoring expert opinions, damages calculations (i.e., compensatory damages, consequential damages, loss of earning, loss of profits, or expectation damages), arbitration, dispute resolution via mediation, and/or expert testimony in trial court.
Cahn Litigation Services has the experience required to turn a search for a breach of contract expert witness around quickly, providing the right balance of expertise and testimony experience.
Breach of Contract Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Breach of Contract experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Breach of Contract landscape.