Engineering Expert Witnesses
Engineering expert witness candidates are typically licensed professional engineers with areas of expertise covering mechanical engineering, civil engineering, metallurgical engineering, electrical engineering, structural engineering, geotechnical engineering, biomechanics, automotive engineering, and/or forensic engineering. An engineering expert could provide expertise in intellectual property matters, including patent infringement or a trade secret dispute. It could be an Inter Partes Review (IPR) in the PTAB (where the only expert testimony is through a deposition), or a patent case or proceeding in the International Trade Commission (ITC). An engineer might provide expert opinion in a matter such as a product liability case, accident investigation, or provide testimony in a personal injury case. Litigation support could include expert witness services such as expert report preparation, failure analysis, design defect analysis, accident reconstruction, forensic engineering, and expert witness testimony in the courtroom. In addition, law firm may request an expert for pre-litigation consulting services.
Cahn Litigation Services is frequently called upon by law firms to locate an expert witness that can support litigation issues that require engineering services and expertise. Cahn Litigation Services has many years of experience, and has completed numerous searches for expert witnesses, providing candidates for each case to the specifications provided by the attorney in charge. Engineering matters encompass a vast range of disciplines. Representative matters where Cahn Litigation Services has searched for experts include:
- consumer product intellectual property dispute,
- biomechanics products liability investigation,
- semiconductor reverse engineering,
- medical products liability on behalf of insurance companies,
- Connecticut engineering firm contract dispute arbitration,
- forensic engineering for patent infringement allegations,
- a civil engineer to opine on a construction defect for real estate development,
- structural engineering software analysis,
- failure analysis of automotive components,
- forklift personal injury case in New Jersey, and
- mechanical failure of industrial HVAC systems located in Florida.
The firm has an earned reputation for providing professional engineering candidates with the right balance of technical expertise and testimony for the job at hand.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Architectural Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Biomechanical Engineering
- Building Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Coastal Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Corrosion Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Forensic Engineering
- Gas Engineering
- Hardware Engineering
- Hydroecological Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Network Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Offshore Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Traffic Engineering
Engineering Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Engineering experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Engineering landscape.