Damages Expert Witnesses
What is a damages expert witness?
Damages expert witness candidates typically have an advanced degree (MBA, PhD) and years of experience in forensic accounting, business valuation, financial forensics, certified public accounting (CPA), and/or economic damages analysis. Damages experts have the ability to measure, financially, the extent of harm a plaintiff has suffered.
What types of cases require a damages expert witness?
Examples of litigation matters that Cahn Litigation Services has identified damages experts witnesses for include:
- commercial litigation (e.g., breach of contract disputes),
- intellectual property matters in Federal Court (e.g., patent infringement, trade secret theft, trademark, copyright, FRAND),
- class action suit involving real estate fraud,
- reasonable royalty damages calculations for a commercial dispute,
- business valuation,
- economic analysis for a business interruption dispute resolution,
- wrongful death causation,
- complex litigation involving medical malpractice,
- lost profit calculations (this case required a Certified Public Accountant (CPA),
- personal injury, and
What litigation support work might a damages expert witness be expected to perform?
Expert witness services could include damages analyses, arbitration, expert opinion, expert reports, depositions, and/or expert testimony in the courtroom. In a high-profile case, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, law firms may require a damages expert with prior expert witness testimony experience. In addition, clients may seek an economic damages expert for pre-litigation consulting work.
Cahn Litigation Services is the expert witness placement service provider of choice by law firm clients to locate expert witnesses that can provide litigation support and expert testimony for court cases involving economic damages.
- Breach of Contract
- Building Construction
- Construction Building Codes
- Construction Claims
- Construction Damages
- Construction Delays
- Construction Engineering
- Construction Inspections
- Construction Law
- Construction Management
- Construction Safety
- Construction Scheduling
- Damage Calculations
- Diminution of Value
- Disaster Management
- Earning Capacity
- Economic Damages
- Emergency Management
- Fire Alarm System
- Forensic Accounting
- Forensic Economist
- Forest Fire
- Loss of Earnings
- Lost Profits
- Lost Wage
- Shareholder Dispute
- Software Valuation
- Technology Valuation
- Unfair and Deceptive Advertising Business Practice
- Unfair Competition
- Wrongful Termination
Damages Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Damages experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Damages landscape.