Contracts Expert Witnesses
Contracts expert witness typically have experience and expertise in law, contracts (including government contracts), federal rules, and other legal issues.
Contracts are a necessity in any type of business, and there are countless reasons to engage in a contract. A breach of contract occurs when a party to a contract fails to fulfill an obligation described in the contract. A breach of contract can occur when the contract is incomplete or unclear; it is not necessarily an intentional breach. Common types of disputes that could require a contracts expert witness in a litigation include:
- Business contracts: A contract with employees, vendors, and contractors is good business practice for the protection of all parties involved. Other business contract disputes could involve mergers/acquisitions, shareholders, and lost profits.
- Commercial leases : Contract language can cause disputes between business owners renting space, and real estate owners.
- Sale of goods & warranties: The Uniform Commercial Code guides the sale of goods between a merchant and supplier. Product warranties imply that products are sold as advertised and are free of defects.
- Non-disclosure or confidentiality agreement: An NDA or CA is a contract between parties that specifies confidential information that the parties could share for a certain purpose.
When there is a contract breach, one party to the agreement is entitled to relief under the law, which typically results in monetary relief. Contracts matters for which Cahn Litigation locates expert witnesses include breach, ethics, damage claim, liability, and intellectual property (e.g., contracts involving copyrights).
Litigation support by a contracts expert witness could include contract review, expert report preparation, expert opinion, expert testimony, and/or courtroom testimony.
In high profile cases, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, a law firm may require an expert with prior expert witness testimony experience. In addition, clients often seek an industry expert for expert consulting for pre-litigation work.
- Breach of Contract
- Buy Sell Agreements
- Claims Adjuster
- Claims Handling
- Compensation Plans
- Digital Signatures
- Entertainment Law
- Fraudulent Documents
- Bad Faith
- Government Contracts
- Government Subsidies
- Hurricane Insurance
- Inland Marine Insurance
- Invention Assignment Agreement
- Land Title
- Lemon Law
- Lender Liability
- Long Term Disability
- Loss of Earnings
- Professional Ethics
- Shareholder Dispute
- Undue Influence
Contracts Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Contracts experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Contracts landscape.