Start Civil Engineering Expert Search
Civil engineering expert witness candidates typically have extensive experience in construction, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, and/or structural design. The expert witness chosen could be a member of a professional engineer industry organization such as the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations (NCSEA), the International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE), or the International Structural Engineering and Construction Society (ISEC).
Civil engineering is a broad profession with many sub-disciplines, including:
- Coastal engineering (managing coastal areas),
- Construction engineering (roads, tunnels, bridges, airports, railroads, facilities, buildings, dams, utilities, etc.),
- Earthquake engineering (design and planning for strong earthquakes on civil infrastructure),
- Environmental engineering (protecting and improving the quality of the environment),
- Geotechnical engineering (engineering behavior of earth materials),
- Materials science (design and discovery of new materials),
- Structural engineering (design of man-made structures),
- Transportation engineering (planning, design, operation and management of any mode of transportation),
- Municipal or urban engineering (streets, sidewalks, water supply networks, sewers, street lighting, solid waste management, etc.), and
- Water resources engineering (hydrology).
Litigation support by a civil engineering expert witness could include failure analysis, structural investigation and condition assessment, forensic engineering, an expert report, expert opinion, deposition testimony, and courtroom testimony. In a high-profile case, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, a law firm may request an expert with prior expert witness testimony experience. In addition, clients may seek a civil engineer or structural engineer for pre-litigation consultant work.
Cahn Litigation Services has been approached by numerous clients to locate expert witnesses that can support civil engineering matters. Whether the case involves a construction defect, accident reconstruction, or a structural failure, Cahn Litigation Services has the experience and resources to turn a search for an expert around quickly.
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
Start Custom Search
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Civil Engineering experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give attorneys a sense of the Civil Engineering landscape.