Environmental Expert Witnesses
What is an environmental expert witness?
Environmental expert witness candidates typically have expertise in environmental health, environmental remediation, civil engineering, environmental engineering, environmental toxicology, and/or as a geologist. Environmental health expert witnesses may opine on issues of sanitation, infectious waste, and other health hazards. Environmental expert witnesses have advanced degrees (PE, MD, PhD) with specialization in topics related to the health of the environment and the impact that environmental health has on climate, water quality, and human health. Environmental protection expert witnesses can provide valuable assistance when conservation and regulation are components of litigation.
What types of cases require an environmental expert witness?
Cases that may require the assistance of an environmental expert witness include matters related to environmental protection, contaminated water or air, toxic exposure, or regulatory compliance.
Environmental expert witness case examples
Cahn Litigation Services is often called upon to locate an expert witness to support environmental matters. Exemplary searches have compassed:
- environmental insurance expert (coverage to fill gaps created by pollution exclusions),
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) wastewater treatment plant regulatory compliance,
- hazardous materials storage tank leak located in New Jersey,
- industrial hygiene in a New York processing plant,
- stormwater purification,
- water resources quality,
- the EPA’s Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA or “Superfund”)
- Pennsylvania drinking water quality,
- landfill audits,
- consumer product hazardous waste management,
- groundwater contamination risk assessment,
- vapor intrusion (chemicals from groundwater contamination), and
- air quality dispersion modeling.
What litigation support work might an environmental expert witness be expected to perform?
Expert witness services could include environmental impact assessments, providing expert opinions, research and authoring expert reports, depositions, and expert witness testimony at a trial. In addition, clients may seek a specialist for pre-litigation environmental consulting services. An environmental expert witness must not only have the appropriate substantive expertise but should also possess the ability to explain evidence to a judge and jury. In a high-profile case, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, a law firm may request an environmental professional with prior expert testimony experience.
Cahn Litigation Services has the experience required to turn a search for an environmental expert witness around quickly. History has shown that the firm consistently provides litigation support candidates for environmental issues with the perfect balance of expertise and testimony to support each specific project and its nuances.
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Chemical Accidents
- Chemical Fires And Explosions
- Chemical Products
- Clean Energy
- Coastal Development
- Coastal Engineering
- Coral Reefs
- Dietary Supplements
- Environmental Contamination
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Hazards
- Environmental Impact Reports
- Environmental Medicine
- Environmental Science
- Environmental Site Inspections
- Industrial Psychology
- Occupational Medicine
Environmental Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Environmental experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Environmental landscape.