Medical Intellectual Property Expert Witnesses
Medical intellectual property expert witness candidates typically have extensive experience as physicians and/or in product design. If a project involves a medical device, an expert with a background in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or biomedical engineering may be called in. Forensic accounting and damages experts specializing in health care are in high demand to support cases. In a high-profile case, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, the lead attorney may request a testifying expert with prior courtroom experience.
What types of cases require a medical IP expert witness?
Example matters that Cahn Litigation Services has placed medical intellectual property litigation support experts for have encompassed:
- arbitration involving a breach of contract dispute,
- copyright infringement,
- New York health plan pricing,
- material characterization,
- due diligence,
- trade dress,
- US Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO) application filing,
- semiconductor product liability,
- expert witness testimony in an antitrust matter,
- Los Angeles medical regulatory authority,
- trademark infringement suit in a U.S. district court,
- pharmaceutical U.S. patent litigation,
- healthcare information technology software design,
- IP litigation involving consumer product trade secrets,
- lost profits valuation,
- tort case economic damages,
- medical device design patent infringement, and
- health care product reasonable royalties.
Expert witness services could include a prior art search, expert opinion, expert report preparation, and trial testimony. In addition, a law firm may utilize a medical IP expert for pre-litigation consulting services. Cahn Litigation Services has the experience required to turn a search for a healthcare industry expert witness around quickly and provide the right balance of expertise and testimony experience.
Medical Intellectual Property Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Medical Intellectual Property experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Medical Intellectual Property landscape.