Underwriting Expert Witnesses
Underwriting expert witness candidates typically have backgrounds in economics, banking, lending, actuarial science, and/or are Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters (CPCU). Representative matters that have required an underwriter involved legal issues pertaining to:
- property & casualty insurance underwriting,
- life and health insurance disputes,
- California professional liability insurance underwriting guidelines,
- personal lines insurance,
- Wisconsin claims adjuster industry standards,
- errors and omissions (E&O) insurance policy,
- Florida insurance agent/broker,
- disability insurance policyholders,
- captive insurance,
- commercial insurance,
- insurance bad faith,
- life insurance claim handling in Illinois,
- New York real estate lending, and
- workers compensation.
Representing the plaintiff or defendant, litigation support work by an underwriting expert witness could include document review, an expert report, expert opinion, deposition testimony, and/or expert testimony in the courtroom. In addition, clients may seek a banking or insurance industry expert for pre-litigation consulting services.
Cahn Litigation Services is the expert witness placement service provider of choice by law firm clients to locate expert witnesses that can support financial services matters, including cases involving underwriting.
- Bank Operations
- Commercial Loans
- Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities
- Commercial Mortgages
- Commercial Real Estate
- Excess and Surplus Lines Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Hurricane Insurance
- Inland Marine Insurance
- Lender Liability
- Loan Fraud
- Loan Underwriting
- Mortgage Backed Securities
Underwriting Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Underwriting experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Underwriting landscape.