Bad Faith Expert Witnesses
Bad faith expert witness candidates typically have many years of experience in contract law, insurance law, economic damages or insurance claim handling, but the background required will vary depending on the specifics of the case. In a high-profile case, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, legal counsel may request an insurance industry or bad faith expert with prior expert witness testimony experience.
In every written agreement, there is an implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing. It is the presumption that the parties will deal with each other honestly and fairly. Courts can award punitive damages or exemplary damages in a bad faith claim trial ruling or summary judgment against an insurance company (e.g., State Farm, Allstate). Expert witness services by a bad faith expert could include documentation review, depositions, expert report, expert opinion, and/or testimony in trial court. In addition, a law firm may request and industry expert for pre-litigation consulting work. Representative matters have involved:
- life insurance bad faith case in a New York federal court,
- reinsurance industry standards,
- unfair claims practice,
- policyholder risk management,
- Pennsylvania claim adjuster methodology and standard of care,
- Florida casualty insurance carrier claims management,
- Colorado property insurance policy interpretation,
- professional liability insurance coverage involving an Oklahoma corporation,
- Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) malpractice in New Jersey district court,
- workers compensation arbitration in Illinois,
Leading litigation law firm clients call on Cahn Litigation Services to locate insurance expert witness candidates, including insurance bad faith experts. Cahn Litigation Services has completed numerous searches for an expert witness with specialized knowledge in bad faith issues, providing candidates for each case to the specifications provided by the attorney in charge.
Bad Faith Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Bad Faith experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Bad Faith landscape.