Biometrics Expert Witnesses
Biometrics expert witness candidates typically have expertise in information security, biometrics, computer engineering, and/or computer science. It can be helpful for a biometrics expert to have a background in forensic science also. It is essential that an expert witness possess the ability to provide testimony in a manner whereby a jury and judge can understand scientific evidence as well as forensic evidence. An expert witness must also be prepared to withstand the scrutiny of a cross-examination. In high profile cases, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, previous expert witness testimony experience is often a requirement.
Biometrics refers to human body measurements and calculations. Biometric authentication is often used for identification and access control. Examples of biometric features include fingerprint identification, face recognition, DNA, palmprints, and iris recognition. Representative litigation matters requiring biometrics expert witness work involve issues pertaining to patent infringement, trade secret disputes, identity theft and fraud. Expert witness services could include a review of the evidence and technology, a crime scene investigation, expert report preparation, depositions, and/or courtroom testimony. In addition, the lead counsel may seek a biometrics specialist, forensic scientist, or security expert for pre-litigation consulting work. Cahn Litigation Services has many years of experience in identifying biometrics expert witnesses. History has shown that the firm has the experience required to turn an expert witness search around quickly. Example cases that Cahn Litigation Services has sourced biometrics experts for have involved:
- palmprints from a crime scene investigation,
- Analysis, Comparison, Evaluation, and Verification (ACE-V) methodology by a latent fingerprint examiner,
- forensic document examiner to opine on forgery,
- forensic laboratory services for an Arizona police department,
- biometric security fingerprinting validation system failure in Washington, DC,
- Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) biometric identification,
- facial recognition technology for a criminal justice facility,
- friction ridge fingerprint evidence validation for a New York criminal case,
- a handwriting expert to assist law enforcement agencies, and
- retinal scan forensic expert opinion.
Cahn Litigation Services has a proven history of providing biometric security and fingerprint expert candidates with the right balance of expertise and expert witness testimony experience to support each unique project and its nuances.
Biometrics Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Biometrics experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Biometrics landscape.