Industrial Hygiene Expert Witnesses
What is an industrial hygiene expert witness?
Industrial hygiene expert witness candidates typically have backgrounds in industrial health, environmental health and safety (EHS), chemical engineering, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, safety engineering, or ergonomics. Industrial hygiene expert witness candidates may be Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH), Certified Safety Professionals (CSP), Certified Hazardous Materials Managers (CMM), or hazmat experts.
What types of cases require an industrial hygiene expert witness?
Industrial hygiene, also known as occupational hygiene, is the science of evaluating and creating occupational safety in a confined space. OSHA describes a confined space as an area that at least one of the following characteristics:
- contains or has the potential to contain a hazardous atmosphere,
- contains material that has the potential to engulf an entrant,
- has walls that converge inward or floors that slope downward and taper into a smaller area which could trap or asphyxiate an entrant; or
- contains any other recognized safety or health hazard, such as unguarded machinery, exposed live wires, or heat stress.
A subject matter expert in industrial hygiene might be called upon to provide expert testimony in toxic tort litigation cases or insurance companies’ disputes.
Industrial hygiene expert witness case examples
Exemplary matters include:
- New Jersey real estate asbestos exposure and regulatory compliance,
- Michigan health care facility indoor air quality risk assessment,
- personal protective equipment (PPE) standards,
- crystalline silica,
- New York school HVAC system maintenance,
- OSHA compliance audits,
- risk management of hazardous materials exposure, or
- other workplace safety issues.
What litigation support work might an industrial hygiene expert witness be expected to perform?
Expert witness services by an industrial hygiene professional could include exposure assessments, toxicology report reviews, research, literature review, authoring expert reports, providing expert opinions, and expert witness testimony at deposition and at trial.
Cahn Litigation Services has the experience required to turn a search for an industrial hygiene expert witness around quickly, providing the right balance of expertise and testimony experience. The firm routinely provides industrial hygiene and industrial safety litigation support candidates with the exact qualifications requested by law firms.
- Air Quality
- Chemical Accidents
- Chemical Exposures
- Chemical Fires And Explosions
- Chemical Plant Management
- Chemical Process Equipment
- Chemical Products
- Chemical Reaction
- Chemical Spills Exposure
- Factory Production
- Hazardous Materials
- Indoor Air Quality
- Industrial Chemicals
- Occupational and Environmental Health
- Occupational And Environmental Medicine
- Occupational Law
- Occupational Medicine
- Occupational Safety And Health (OSHA)
- Sick Building Syndrome
- Water Quality
Industrial Hygiene Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Industrial Hygiene experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Industrial Hygiene landscape.