Cardiology Expert Witnesses
What is a cardiology expert witness?
Cardiology expert witness candidates typically have extensive experience as a board-certified cardiologist, medical examiner, medical school professor, cardiothoracic surgeon, interventional cardiologist, legal nurse consultant, nurse practitioner, as an internal medicine specialist, in medical device design, or with a focused area of expertise in pediatric cardiology. Accreditations such as Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (FSCAI), Fellow of the American College of Cardiology (FACC), or Fellow of the American College of Physicians (FACP) can add credibility with a judge and jury.
What types of cases require a cardiology expert witness?
Oftentimes, matters requiring medical expert witnesses involve intellectual property, such as patent infringement litigation, inter partes review or trade secret disputes. A cardiologist could also be called in on medical malpractice cases, personal injury cases, or a medical device product liability.
Cardiology expert witness case examples
Example cases that Cahn Litigation Services has provided expert witness candidates for have encompassed:
- pediatric cardiac catheterization,
- pacemaker device failure,
- pulmonary hypertension treatment,
- aortic dissection procedure,
- electrophysiology study,
- New Jersey critical care medical services,
- valvular heart disease,
- nuclear cardiology clinical practice standard of care in Florida,
- medical malpractice involving an angioplasty procedure at a Michigan health care facility,
- medical center records review of echocardiography patients,
- acute myocardial infarction,
- atrial fibrillation clinical study in New York,
- congestive heart failure case reviews from an Illinois facility,
- coronary artery disease risk factors,
- Connecticut-based vascular stent patent infringement.
What litigation support work might a cardiology expert witness be expected to perform?
Expert witness services by a cardiologist could include medical records review, expert report preparation, depositions, and expert testimony in the courtroom. In addition, clients may seek a cardiovascular disease expert for pre-litigation consulting work.
Cahn Litigation Services has the experience required to turn a search for a cardiology expert witness around quickly, providing the right balance of expertise and testimony experience.
Cardiology Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Cardiology experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Cardiology landscape.