Traumatic Brain Injury Expert Witnesses
Traumatic brain injury expert witness candidates are typically PhD board certified neurologists, clinical psychologists or neuropsychiatrists, with extensive experience in neurosurgery, neuropsychology, emergency medicine, neuropsychiatry, clinical neuropsychology, or as a professor of neurology. The chosen expert may a member of an industry organization such as the American Neurological Association (ANA), the Society for Neuroscience (SfN), the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), the Association for Clinical Neurology and Mental Health (ACNM) and/or the American Medical Association (AMA). In a high-profile case, or litigation involving a significant financial stake, the law firm may request a neurologist, neuropsychologist, neurosurgeon, clinical psychologist, or traumatic brain injury specialist with prior expert witness testimony experience.
What types of legal cases require a traumatic brain injury specialist?
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) and head injury are often used interchangeably in health care. Many times brain damage issues are at the heart of head injury cases. Litigation support matters requiring a head injury expert witness often involve medical malpractice, personal injury, standard of care, and medical negligence. Expert witness services by a specialist in head injuries could include an IME, expert report preparation, expert opinion, and expert witness testimony in the courtroom. Representative brain injury cases that Cahn Litigation Services has sourced brain injury experts for include:
- personal injury cases involving brain damage,
- medical record and radiology review at a spine surgery medical center,
- neuropsychological testing,
- forensic psychiatry,
- inpatient treatment of mild traumatic brain injury,
- brain hemorrhage,
- physical medicine & rehabilitation,
- vocational rehabilitation,
- a pediatric neurologic disorders,
- post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) impairment,
- acquired brain injury (ABI) chronic pain management,
- medical expert to opine on encephalopathy causation,
- neurological independent medical examination (IME) for a spinal cord injury case,
- degenerative neurological diseases,
- neuropsychological assessment,
- Florida clinical practice investigation of a medical director,
- vascular neurology medical malpractice case,
- sports traumatic brain injury (TBI) sequelae, and
- cognition evaluation of a head trauma victim.
Cahn Litigation Services has years of experience identifying medical expert witness candidates, including those specializing in head injuries. The firm has a vast medical network of experts, including neurosurgeons, neurologist, neuropsychologists, clinical psychologists, and neuroradiology specialists.
Traumatic Brain Injury Expert Witness - Representative Bios
Please Note: All Cahn Litigation expert witness searches are customized to attorneys' precise specifications and preferences. Attorneys are encouraged to discuss search parameters with a Cahn search specialist.
The below expert witness bios represent a small fraction of those Traumatic Brain Injury experts known by Cahn Litigation Services. These bios are provided to give lawyers a sense of the Traumatic Brain Injury landscape.