This expert is a consultant with many years of experience in telecommunications, with expertise in network services and technology, regulatory interpretation, and industry practices. This expert has vast experience evaluating telecommunications networks and equipment in the context of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, including voice and data services used by cloud-based call centers, customer premises equipment such as predictive dialers, cloud-based technologies, and cellular networks. This expert has a deep understanding of Federal legislation and related FCC rules related to telecommunications, including the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and has provided numerous expert reports and related testimony describing complex network services and functions in the context of industry practices and federal and state regulations.
This expert has provided expert consulting and testifying services in over 50 cases, including appearances before over 25 state regulatory agencies, the FCC, state legislatures, state and federal courts, and arbitrations.
Summary of Selected Professional Experience
- Oversaw state and federal regulatory tariffing and compliance matters for a company owned and funded by a coalition of large cable companies. Ensured company compliance with the TCPA. Developed technical and product descriptions for services utilized by call centers for outbound dialing systems, including predictive dialers. Incorporated sales contracts and agreements into contract-specific tariff terms.
- Lead company representative before state regulators and government officials. Negotiated complex industry precedent interconnection agreements with incumbent local exchange carriers for states pursuant to the Telecommunications Act on 1996. Coordinated with federal regulatory on TCPA matters. Provided testimony on network elements related to call centers and outbound dialing systems pursuant to FCC costing guidelines.
- Responsible for national regulatory policy on evolving technologies and services, including IP-based services used in cloud-based call centers and outbound dialing systems and predictive dialers.
Summary of Selected Case Experience
- Reviewed conference calling network platform configuration in context of Federal regulations. Activities include damages calculations, development of proxy rates and revenues, analysis of call records and bills, and evaluation of industry practice and regulatory issues.
- Provided expert report validating a third-party verification and number portability processes and systems under Federal rules and relevant FCC orders.
- Provided damages calculations related to routing of long distance 8YY traffic. Provided evaluation of complex billing and call routing issues, as well as evaluation of industry practices and regulatory issues.
Start Call Centers Expert Search